About the City

Changes to the Dog & Cat Ordinance

As of February 20, 2019 there has been changes implemented to the Dog & Cat Ordinance.  Per Ordinance No. 172 the number of dogs and cats allowed at a single property is three (3).  If you have more than three (3) dogs or cats in any combination you must obtain a variance from the City Council to have them on your property.  The maximum number of variances allowed is two (2) for a total of five (5) dogs or cats allowed on a single property.  You must license your dogs & cats.  If you are found to be in violation of Title IX: General Regulations, Chapter 91:  Animals, Subsection 91.06 you maybe convicted of a misdemeanor.  The City will be enforcing this ordinance.  You can find the complete ordinance on the Ordinance tab under Title IX: General Regulations, Chapter 91:  Animals, Subsection 91.06

Changes to the Rental Ordinance

The City Council implemented changes to the Rental Ordinance.  All duplicate or repetitive sections of the ordinance that was referenced in other ordinances have been removed from the Rental Ordinance.  The complete ordinance is located on the Ordinance tab under Title XI:  Business Regulations, Chapter 120:  Rental Regulations and Inspections.

Business Hours for City Employees

City Clerk - 7:00 to 3:30 - Monday through Friday - If the office will be closed it will be posted on the doors prior to the date of closure - 320-562-2518

Public Works Department - 7:00 to 3:30 - Monday through Friday - 320-562-2432

Re-connection of a water service

Please contact the City Clerk's Office at 320-562-2518 or cityofstewart@gmail.com at least 24 hours in advance of a requested water re-connection to schedule the re-connection.  Someone must have access to the property and be on site during the re-connection.  This is a requirement to ensure that if there are issues with the re-connection, the City can turn it off immediately to minimize any damage to the property.

Brush Site Hours

The Brush Site is will be open after April 1st.  Please remember that the brush site is only for leaves, grass clippings, tree brush and limbs and garden brush.

Building and/or Zoning Permits Required

Any alterations to your property or structures on your property require a building and/or a zoning permit.  Please contact the City Clerk's Office for the permit application and any other requirements that are needed in the permit procedure.